- How have nonconformists contributed to society?
- How can I use my discussion and research skills to help others understand my point of view?
- Nelson Mandela
- Nellie McClung
- Raoul Wallenberg
- Explain by using several examples form the story and own life
- Using several different sources to find more examples
- Thinking and explaining ideas by asking others and noting many ideas
- Introduce in a general way
- Use images as a way to transition from one idea to the next
- Explain big ideas and then examples
- Sum up with an overall statement about the main idea
Students watched a PowToon video and answered: What is the research process?
- They noted that some of the stages of the process we were not going to complete this year but will next year.
We noted what we have done so far:
- created a recipe to identify traits and motivations of nonconformists
- examined 4 nonconformist from history: Nellie McClung, Nelson Mandella, Raoul Wallenberg, and Andy Warhol
- Identified Questions to answer
- Gather through Research
- We have reviewed structural features to help locate information quickly
- We discussed how to summarize and paraphrase info from a site (using a graphic organizer)
- We are assessing how much info we need to give a thorough informative product
- Create - identify a list of products