Digging into Deeper Meaning
- What does literal and figurative mean?
- How can I use context clues to interpret possible meanings of figurative language?
- What meaning or feeling do music, colour and symbolism add to film?
- What is the difference between theme and topic, or main idea, in a narrative?
- What effect does the music have on the mood or meaning in the film?
- What are some symbols in the film and their meaning?
- What meaning is given to the film when colour changes from black and white to colour?
We self-assessed the insightfulness of our ideas and the effectiveness of our support written on the back of our headlines.
Students are analyzing character traits and motivations. We brainstormed a list of personality traits then examined how we might prove a character has this trait.
We know to use a character's:
- OPINONS OF OTHERS
Students examined Morris's Life logo and explained what the colours and objects might represent about Morris's personality.
We will design our own life logos to describe our traits and motivations.
Students use Google Draw to create their own life logo. See Mrs. Anderson's example below: