Tuesday 1 September 2015

Welcome Back!

Welcome Back!

Homeroom 9B please have your forms signed and returned as soon as possible.  PE form must be in by this Friday!


Course Outlines available in Google Classroom.  

Students will sign up for Classroom next week.  All course materials will be available in Classroom and is accessible via Black Gold students' gshare account.  If you do not have a gshare account, check with Mrs. Anderson or your home room teacher and we'll fix this. : )




















What do students, working in groups, think is the Ideal Learning Environment?















Students completed a card sort with all ideas generated by groups and synthesized this information into new categories.  Here are two group's results:




Icebreaker Interviews begin this week!  Here's a sneak peek:


Grade 9 Focus Questions:

4.3.1 How can I introduce my classmate by selecting and organizing information that I’ve gathered to appeal to the interests of my audience?


4.3.5 How can I  provide feedback that encourages the presenter to consider other ideas and additional information?


Grade 9 Student Generated Rubric:

Name:
Presentation skills: How I say it.
  • Eyes: look around, try not to read
  • Voice: project, expression
  • Posture: confident, no fidgeting
I’ve got it!
Make little changes
Must work on
Content:  What I say.
Info. selected - 1 item was clearly expanded on and fit well in the presentation:
  • Organized: Hook Intro, body, conclusion
  • Details: examples, description
I’ve got it!
Make little changes
Must work on
Grade 8 Focus Questions:

4.3.2  How can I introduce my classmate using the information I’ve gathered to achieve a particular purpose and appeal to the interests of the audience?

4.3.3  How can I use feedback from rehearsals to make modifications?

Grade 8 Student Generated Rubric:

How can I introduce my classmate using the information I’ve gathered to achieve a particular purpose and appeal to the interests of the audience?

How can I use feedback from rehearsals to make modifications?

Name:
Presentation skills: How I say it.
  • Eyes: look around, try not to read
  • Voice: project, expression
  • Posture: confident, no fidgeting
I’ve got it!
Make little changes
Must work on
Content:  What I say.
Purpose:  Inform - Described multiple items clearly and with interesting details:
  • Organized: Intro, body, conclusion
  • Details: examples, description
I’ve got it!
Make little changes
Must work on


Students watched a TED Talk today as a mentor text to generate criteria for Presentations:


Adora Svitak: What adults can learn from kids







See what students observed below:



Students practiced using their rubrics by watching a YouTube Video, "Sandra Bullock Googles Herself - Here's what happened" and then rehearsed presentations with a partner they trust.  



Grade 9 classes will finish their presentations on MONDAY, September 14.

Grade 8's will learn how to peer assess using a rubric with a video and rehears with a partner.  

Grade 8's your class info will be moving to a separate page.  See the tabs at the top of this page.  Called, "It 8 your homework?"

Reminders for Next Week:

  • Bring $1.25 for your Writer's Notebook.  (Begin on Monday)
  • Meet the Teacher Night: Wednesday, Sep 16
  • Conroy Classic Run: Thursday, Sep 17 (Afternoon only)
  • PD Day on Friday, Sep 18 (No School for students)



No comments:

Post a Comment

LA 7 Fantastic Fiction: Flashback and "Knife"

Fantastic Fiction What are the elements of fiction? How do I identify conflict and explain how it is developed and resolved? ...