Choosing a Folk Ballad
We are getting close to selecting a folk ballad of our own to analyze and produce a powerful poster for.
Two of Mrs. Anderson's favourties are:
“You’ll Never Leave Harlan Alive,” Patty Loveless
“You’ll Never Leave Harlan Alive,” Ruby Friedman Justified
House of the Rising Sun- Sons of Anarchy
If you are stuck, take a look at some of these:
- Pappa Was a Rolling Stone- Sly and the Family Stone skip about 1 and a half minutes.
- Harper Valley PTA- Lorrie Morgan
- Alice's Restaurant- Arlo Guthrie 13 minutes long!
- 1952 Vincent Black Lightning Richard Thompson
- Eagles - Hotel California
- Billy Joel - Piano Man
- The Thunder Rolls: Garth Brooks
- Don’t Stand So Close to Me - Police
- Carrie Underwood - Just A Dream
- Richard Marx - Hazard
- David Cook-Mr. Sensitive
- Karen Elson - The Ghost Who Walks
- Waylon Jennings - Rose In Paradise w Lyrics
- Panic! At The Disco: The Ballad Of Mona Lisa [OFFICIAL VIDEO]
- Paramore: Brick By Boring Brick
NOTE: be sure to read the description of the story before deciding to use the song. It MUST be appropriate for school.